eClinicalWorks Blog Details
- 30 August 2012
Get out and MOVE
Health and Wellness plays an integral role here at eClinicalWorks, prompting the creation of an eCWellness Committee, which consists of 25 dynamic and diverse individuals from around the world. eCWellness is committed to improving employee health by supplying the guidance and tools to empower each employee to make healthier choices every day both at work and at home.
A recent study by the American Psychological Association found that more than one third (36%) of workers said they typically feel tense or stressed out during their workday. Three fourths (75%) of employed adults said they don’t regularly participate in health and wellness programs provided by their employer. At eClinicalWorks, we are motivated to get all employees satisfied and participating in these programs.
The eCWellness Team is a dedicated group of eClinicalWorks employees focused on providing education, resources, and avenues for healthy lifestyles to the eClinicalWorks community. In addition to health and wellness initiatives, the eCWellness Team also plans community events and employee activities, such as team-building sessions, charitable donations and volunteer programs.
During the past year, the eCWellness Team has:
- Organized an employee fundraising walk, which raised money and collected non-perishable items for 2011 tornado victims in Massachusetts
- Collected employee donations for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Foundation
- Hosted multiple American Red Cross blood drives
- Worked hands-on to build a house with Habitat for Humanity
- …and spent a day harvesting food at an organic farm, whose proceeds went directly to a local food bank, feeding close to a million people in need.
Our hope is that participation in these programs will lead to positive energy, team building, reduced healthcare costs, increased productivity, positive impact on hiring and retention, improved quality of life, and above all, happy people!
Come see us at the eClinicalWorks 2012 National Users Conference where we will share success stories with our community of physicians and healthcare professionals.