Annual Revenues Cross $100 Million; In 2010, Company Dedicated to Customers Achieving Meaningful Use
Westborough, Mass.—January 14, 2010—eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, completed a record year in 2009, with revenues crossing the $100 million mark for the first time in company history and employee count exceeding 900. The company also expanded its New York City office, opened a California office to solidify its presence on the West coast, and increased the number of providers and practices using its solutions to 34,000 and 5,500, respectively. Last year, eClinicalWorks expanded its data centers to eight locations across the country, making the company the largest Software as a Service (SaaS) vendor in this market.
In 2010, eClinicalWorks continues to work closely with customers to help them become meaningful users as defined through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), offering the following:
- Guarantee—eClinicalWorks guarantees that its software will meet the meaningful use criteria, as defined through ARRA, thereby reducing the risk that practices face in investing in new technology;
- Free Webinars—Webinars will be offered at no cost to customers to learn what functions within their eClinicalWorks system will help them achieve meaningful use;
- On-site Assessment—eClinicalWorks staff to provide on-site services to score practices on their meaningful use readiness; and
- Online Assessment—Interactive, online-tool for assessing a customer’s meaningful use readiness, available at the end of January.
“2009 was successful on multiple levels and we are looking forward to an even brighter 2010,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “Part of its success is due to a shorter learning curve for our solutions. This year, our focus is to continue managing our growth and provide the training and support our customers will need to become meaningful users. We are deeply committed to helping each of our customers take advantage of the stimulus incentives, ensuring that they are using eClinicalWorks to best suit their practices, including utilizing clinical decision support, e-prescribing and quality measures features that are inherent in the system.”
Highlights from 2009 include:
- IDC Health Insights gave eClinicalWorks high scores for its EMR solution that is used by ambulatory practices of all sizes in two reports, titled Vendor Assessment: The Industry Short List of Electronic Health and Electronic Medical Records for Large Ambulatory Practices and Vendor Assessment: The Industry Short List of Electronic Health and Electronic Medical Records for Small and Midsize Ambulatory Practices;
- Named Best in KLAS 2009 for Ambulatory EMR, 26-100 Providers, by KLAS Research;
- Named to Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies by Inc. magazine for third consecutive year;
- Ranked #39 on the Healthcare Informatics 100 list of largest companies by healthcare IT revenue;
- CEO and Co-founder Girish Kumar Navani received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2009 Award in the Healthcare Technology category in New England;
- Vice President of Sales and Co-founder Sameer Bhat was named 2009 40 Under Forty by Worcester Business Journal;
- Announced that eClinicalWorks routinely achieves below a five percent rejection rate on medical claims transactions. Industry averages are greater than 20 percent rejection rate; and
- Opened an office in Pleasanton, Calif., solidifying the company’s West coast position, and expanded its New York City office.
eClinicalWorks® is a privately held leader in the ambulatory clinical systems market. The company’s unified electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management (PM) solutions are proven for every market segment: large practice groups, including Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC), Electronic Health Records of Rhode Island (EHRRI) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as medium, small and solo practices regardless of specialty. The company enjoys high profitability with a five-year compounded growth rate of more than 100 percent year-to-year. With an established customer base of more than 34,000 providers and 100,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states, eClinicalWorks has been awarded multiple top industry honors including being named to the Inc. 5000 in 2009, 2008 and 2007. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Pleasanton, Calif., and Alpharetta, Ga. More information on eClinicalWorks can be found at www.eclinicalworks.com or by calling 866-888-MYCW.
eClinicalWorks is a registered trademark of eClinicalWorks, LLC. All other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.