Boston — September 1, 2010 — Mass High Tech, The Voice of New England Innovation, today announced that Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks®, is among the recipients of its 2010 All-Stars Awards. The All-Stars Awards recognize 16 dynamic and influential leaders of New England’s innovation economy. This is the 15th year of the awards program.
This year, the honorees include, for the first time, two recipients of Mass High Tech’s Distinguished Achievement Award. That award recognizes an industry leader who has grown successful companies while also helping to nurture the region’s spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship. The 2010 Distinguished Achievement Award recipients are Ray Stata, founder of Analog Devices Inc. and Stata Venture Partners, and Bernard M. Gordon, founder of Analogic Corp. and NeuroLogica Corp.
“Ray Stata and Bernard Gordon are more than successful businessmen. They have given back to the community by inspiring future generations of innovators in the New England tech community through their work with our institutions of higher learning and as mentors and role models for hundreds of young entrepreneurs,” said Douglas Banks, publisher and editor of Mass High Tech.
The 2010 Mass High Tech All-Stars honorees represent a broad range of technology and service sectors, including robotics, mobile technology, hardware, health care, Internet and biotech. They were selected from more than 200 nominees recommended by the technology community.
“Technology companies continue to serve as building blocks for the New England economy, and these All-Stars have led the way in helping to grow not only their own organizations but in leading the way out of the recession for all of us,” said Banks.
The honorees will be profiled in a special edition of Mass High Tech on October 27 and will be recognized at an evening awards celebration and networking reception on Thursday, October 28 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Boston. More information about the event is available athttp://masshightech.bizjournals.com/masshightech/event/26971.
“This recognition is a testament to the commitment of our employees and trust of our customers,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “I am honored to receive this prestigious award.”
The 2010 Mass High Tech All-Stars are:
- Bernard M. Gordon, founder of Analogic Corp. and NeuroLogica Corp. (Distinguished Achievement Award)
- Ray Stata, chairman of Analog Devices Inc. and founder of Stata Venture Partners (Distinguished Achievement Award)
- Aron J. Ain, CEO of Kronos Inc. (Software)
- Shawn Broderick, executive director of TechStars Boston (Entrepreneurship)
- Abbie Celniker, CEO of Taligen Therapeutics (Biotech)
- Frederic Chereau, President and CEO of Pervasis Therapeutics (Med Devices)
- George M. Church, co-founder of Knome and Harvard Medical School professor (Genetics)
- Neal Creighton, CEO of RatePoint Inc. (Web)
- Donna C. Cupelo, region president of Verizon Communications (Telecommunications)
- Walt Doyle, chairman and CEO of Where Inc. (Mobile)
- Tim Healy, co-founder and CEO of EnerNOC Inc. (Energy)
- Robert LeFort, CEO of Ember Corp. (Semiconductors)
- Kiki Mills, president of MITX, the Massachusetts Innovation and Technology Exchange (Community)
- Girish Kumar Navani, co-founder and CEO of eClinicalWorks (Health IT)
- Panos Panay, founder and CEO of Sonicbids Corp. (Internet)
- Richard Scannell, co-founder and senior vice president of Glasshouse Technologies Inc. (Storage)
eClinicalWorks® is a privately held leader in the ambulatory clinical systems market. The company’s unified electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management (PM) solutions are proven for every market segment: large practice groups, including Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC), Electronic Health Records of Rhode Island (EHRRI) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as medium, small and solo practices regardless of specialty. The company enjoys high profitability with a five-year compounded growth rate of more than 100 percent year-to-year. With an established customer base of more than 40,000 providers and 120,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states, eClinicalWorks has been awarded multiple top industry honors including being named to the Inc. 5000 in 2009, 2008 and 2007, and prominently placed in a report released by IDC company Health Industry Insights, titled Healthcare Provider Industry Short List Ambulatory Electronic Health Records and Electronic Medical Records. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Pleasanton, Calif., and Alpharetta, Ga. More information on eClinicalWorks can be found at www.eclinicalworks.com or by calling 866-888-MYCW.
eClinicalWorks is a registered trademark of eClinicalWorks, LLC. All other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.