Customer Success Story - Internal Medicine Specialists
“eClinicalWorks’ award-winning solution was chosen because as technology is advancing into the future, we wanted our EHR to grow and advance as well. We felt that eClinicalWorks provided the best opportunity to accomplish our goals.” — Dr. Steven Brint
IMS, an ever-expanding gastroenterology practice, realized its current paper-based PM system was too expensive and lacked the necessary advanced functionality, resulting in a continued use of paper. IMS looked to switch and implement a comprehensive EHR solution that was affordable and would replace the need for transcription.
Additional objectives for the EMR/PM system were:
- Reduce paper
- Increase control over patient files
- Improve patient tracking
- Manage labs, prescriptions and notes more efficiently
eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, with unified practice management, met the needs of IMS. It provides the functionality needed to eliminate transcription and streamline front-office and back-office workflows.
- Comprehensive system (scheduling, billing, and the internal medical record)
- Recommended by physicians, locally and nationally
After installing eClinicalWorks in a rapid adoption, Internal Medicine Specialists:
- Handles scheduling more easily
- Has smoother billing
- Eliminated the need for paper and transcription services
- Saved more than $100,000 in a year
- All GI doctors attested to Meaningful Use by the end of 2011
Internal Medicine Specialists
Internal Medicine Specialists (IMS), an 11-provider practice located in eight locations throughout Central Florida, provides services in gastroenterology. Its goal is to provide care the way it once was, not as a number, but as a patient, a person, who needs help, information, and the best options laid before them.