eClinicalWorks Blog Details
- 27 July 2020
4 Ways to Attract New Patients and Retain Existing Ones
When it comes to selecting a new physician, patients today have quite a few options to choose from. By doing a quick search on the internet, patients will not only find out what is expected from healthcare practices but also find out how an individual practice fares against the competition. Just because a patient initially chooses a practice, doesn’t mean they’ll continue coming back. Read on to learn about four ways that could help you attract new patients and also keep them coming back to receive care.
The tools of engagement
Attracting new patients and retaining them starts with the right tools to keep them actively engaged in their own health. Here are a few Patient Engagement tools you might want to consider adding to your practice.
- A means to stay in touch with patients throughout the year by sending them appointment reminders, satisfaction surveys, or communicate with them through a fast and reliable messaging service
- A series of apps that empowers patients with unparalleled access to personal health information, visit summaries, and lab results
- A safe and simple way for a patient to pay balances online
Staying safe during challenging times
When seeing patients in the office becomes a safety risk, does your practice offer patients safe and convenient alternative ways to receive care? Below are a few ways you can overcome any challenges that come your way.
- Adding a safe and secure contactless check-in method that allows patients to check in from the comfort of their home
- A comprehensive, convenient, and intuitive telehealth solution
- Setting up mandatory safety regulations like hand sanitizer stations or requiring anyone entering the building to wear a face mask to reduce the spread of disease
Quality care for all
If you aren’t participating in one of CMS’ programs, maybe you should consider it. For chronic care patients who are at a greater risk for an emergency visit, participating in programs such as Chronic Care Management or Transition Care Management can help to keep them out of both the hospital and the doctor’s office.
To maximize your success while enrolled in those programs, you could consider adding CCM or TCM modules that make managing your most vulnerable patients easier than ever, helping control costs while promoting better medical outcomes.
Getting your name out there and staying in touch
A strong online presence is beneficial for both prospective and returning patients. Most patients like to feel connected, and a navigable and user-friendly website alongside an active social media presence will offer patients updates and other important information.
We can help you get your website and bolster your social media presence.
To give any of our solutions a try, schedule a demo with us today!
23 February 2024
With an AI-Powered EHR, Sunoh.ai, and healow Patient Engagement, eCW is a One-Stop Solution for Small and Independent Practices
20 February 2024
A Provider’s Perspective On Enhancing Clinical Workflows with eCW V12
15 February 2024
AI Medical Scribes in Remote Healthcare Services
13 February 2024
Celebrating American Heart Month