eClinicalWorks Blog Details
- 20 May 2021
Solutions for Allergy Testing, Tracking, and Treatment
Have you noticed all that yellow-green dust settling on your porch, your driveway, your car, and maybe even the dog?
That’s pollen, of course, and while it may not be a problem for you, it’s a problem for millions of people. And pollen is just one of thousands of potential allergens that can wreak havoc with human health.
According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans — more than 15% of the population — suffer from allergies each year.
Moreover, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, allergies are the sixth leading cause of chronic illness in the country and cost $18 billion annually to treat.
An effective, integrated allergy solution
A 2016 study in Drug Discovery Today found that the prevalence of allergies continues to increase worldwide. In Europe, for example, researchers found that allergies were rare in 1900 but are soon expected to affect half of all adults. More generally, they have learned that drugs alone appear to be insufficient for effective and comprehensive treatment, and allergy immunotherapy may offer a better long-term approach.
Whatever treatments are found to be best, every medical practice needs the ability to test patients for allergies, devise treatment plans, and track the effectiveness of those plans.
The eClinicalWorks® allergy and immunology module does all that. Providers can:
- Discuss and amend treatment plans
- Offer patients nutritional guidance and educational materials
- Review labs and screening tests
- Use healow TeleVisits™ to conduct remote visits for patients unable to get to the office
- Check medication adherence and make adjustments as needed
- Easily conduct follow-up and check-in visits with patients
- Note progress of patient symptoms to prevent ER visits
An innovative, comprehensive approach to healthcare IT
An effective solution for allergy and immunology treatments is just a small part of what eClinicalWorks has to offer. Our comprehensive, cloud-based Electronic Health Record and Practice Management system meets the needs of all primary and specialty practices and health centers. We offer:
- Tools that let providers document care using the tools of their choice
- Remote, mobile, and voice dictation solutions to reduce the risks of burnout
- State-of-the-art interoperability solutions to put the latest patient information at clinicians’ fingertips
- Online booking and contactless previsit and check-in tools to guard the safety of providers and patients
- A full suite of Population Health solutions
- Patient Engagement tools to help keep your schedules full
- Revenue Cycle Management tools to control costs and promote practice growth
To learn more about the performance and value eClinicalWorks and healow® can offer your practice, book a demo today!